Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 5 - A picture of somewhere you’ve been to

I've had major problems getting this post up.  For some reason, none of the pictures I've wanted to use will upload.  I can't explain why! Humphh! 

Eventually I went online to find some pictures, and found better ones!  These have been taken at Matauri Bay which is about 10 minutes from where I grew up.  This pictures below are of the Rainbow Warrior Memorial which sits at the north end of the bay.  The Rainbow Warrior was sunk in the bay in December 1987 (after being bombed in Auckland, was patched and towed to Matauri Bay and laid to rest).  This ship itself is now a diving attraction for tourists.


Having grown up locally Matauri Bay holds many special childhood memories.  It is such a awesome spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment